31 December 2020

It's time for elections. Where's Mashiah? Who is he?

 17 Tevet 5781


My first words for this article were: 

If haShem expects me to vote for Mashiah, he has to show up and be identified, even if he doesn't say a word. His actions will speak for him.

Well, we in Israel have been on a roller coaster for the last month or so, between the announcement of new elections, the killing of a young settler by police who drove the car he was in off the road (I'm tempted to call him our George Floyd, but there is a lot of difference between the two, so it is hard to put them together...even though someone made a cartoon of Ahuvya Sandak, z"l, with a policeman's knee on his neck; rabbis have called for an investigation)...

...and now the return to Israel of Jonathan and Esther Pollard just yesterday. Does he want to be in politics? An emphatic no! "I've suffered enough."  Welcome home, Jonathan and Esther!

Not to mention that we are in the midst of a grand worldwide experiment called the administration of the COVID-19 vaccine (none of the choices are officially approved by any health agency; in the US all approvals have been for emergency use only (EUA) and instructions explicitly state that nothing is promised in terms of benefits.) Germany (co-creator of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine) is jealous because we got ahead of them to deploy vaccines. Apparently we paid twice what Europe paid per dose, so we received it sooner, that's all. I only hope our prime minister's concern is not misguided. He called Pfizer's CEO personally (same link as the one immediately above).

Just before that, the three girls who were in prison in Bulgaria were freed just after Jonathan Pollard's onerous parole was declared over. I look forward to seeing other Jewish prisoners who are on the receiving end of punishments that are highly inappropriate for the crimes they committed, or who are innocent of them because others committed these crimes using them for bait, go free.

My head is spinning. Too much is going on, my computer hasn't been working and I am typing on another one for now. It has slowed me down on the blog, among other things. I hope the links are enough to explain and give substance to this article, so that my precious readers understand that it isn't just my opinion.

Happy secular new year 2021. I hope it won't be as scary as some are predicting, and that we'll see Mashiah ruling Israel instead of the crazy, immature organization that poses as our government!

(Ahuvya z"l's mother actually had to cry out, "Have you no shame?" when summoned by telephone to testify at the police station! And where is our government's response to that?)

 

I'm finding this "new normal" confusing. Do you? Perhaps R' Alon Anava can help us...



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shalom,

Rabbi Alon Anava's video:Finding the new normal- says the lecture was given in:
"This lecture was recored in Great Neck, NY on August 1st, 2019'

Did the Govt at that date already tell us to get used to the new normal?

Would appreciate if you could clarify. Thanks.

May 2021 be a good year for the world.
Amen.
Nonee

HDG, Yerushalayim, E"Y Shlemah said...

An urgent message. Please spread the word.

Please say tehillim for a young buchor who was seriously injured after being hit by a car in Boro Park this morning [31 December 2020] r"l :

Bentzion ben Chana Chaya.

א שִׁיר, לַמַּעֲלוֹת:
אֶשָּׂא עֵינַי, אֶל-הֶהָרִים-- מֵאַיִן, יָבֹא עֶזְרִי.
ב עֶזְרִי, מֵעִם יְהוָה-- עֹשֵׂה, שָׁמַיִם וָאָרֶץ.
ג אַל-יִתֵּן לַמּוֹט רַגְלֶךָ; אַל-יָנוּם, שֹׁמְרֶךָ.
ד הִנֵּה לֹא-יָנוּם, וְלֹא יִישָׁן-- שׁוֹמֵר, יִשְׂרָאֵל.
ה יְהוָה שֹׁמְרֶךָ; יְהוָה צִלְּךָ, עַל-יַד יְמִינֶךָ.
ו יוֹמָם, הַשֶּׁמֶשׁ לֹא-יַכֶּכָּה; וְיָרֵחַ בַּלָּיְלָה.
ז יְהוָה, יִשְׁמָרְךָ מִכָּל-רָע: יִשְׁמֹר, אֶת-נַפְשֶׁךָ.
ח יְהוָה, יִשְׁמָר-צֵאתְךָ וּבוֹאֶךָ-- מֵעַתָּה, וְעַד-עוֹלָם

(Psalm 1, if you're reading in English. - HDG)

HDG, Yerushalayim, E"Y Shlemah said...

Sorry, wrong Psalm. It's actually Psalm 121. Thanks for reading down to here and getting the right one for the Hebrew above - although all Tehillim are OK!

HDG, Yerushalayim, E"Y Shlemah said...

Nonee, thanks so much for writing! I'll have to get back to you after Shabbat. I'm pretty busy right now, but I think I have a pretty good answer for you!

Have a good weekend!
Hava

HDG, Yerushalayim, E"Y Shlemah said...

Dear Nonee:

Now that it's after Shabbat...

First, I hadn't looked at the video before posting! I'm listening to it right now, and it seems that the "new normal" R' Anava is talking about has nothing to do with Covid-19 or the "normal" we've been living in for the past year! It's more about how to figure out how to know what we want and how to be happy.

But it seems to me that this goal is connected to our new reality. If I use the time that the authorities are trying to take away from me properly, I might just get there despite the craziness that surrounds me!

There have been open clues that a "new normal" is on the way for at least 3 years (not that we've been able to see them, but they are available if you look for them.). Have you seen this World Integrated Trade Solution list of COVID-19 Test kit deliveries to many nations of the world? Notice the year they were delivered: 2017! What is a product doing called COVID-19 in 2017???

The Rav has videos that are more relevant. One is "Was AI (artificial intelligence) created to fight G-d? - which I think I have seen/listened to.

I hope these links will at least put you a little closer to what you want to know.

Anonymous said...

Shavua Tov to you Dear Hava, for taking the time and trouble to explain to me. I appreciate it. I do listen to Rabbi Alon Anava a lot, and some others too.
Thanks for the suggestions you have given me, and beli neder will read/hear them.

Please take care, stay safe and Hashem protect you and yours and all of Am Isreael, and other good peoples of the world, from all harm..
Amen v'Amen.

nonee